Easy, fun 5 night cruise

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Mexico

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Spirit

5 Night Baja Mexico (San Diego Roundtrip)

Sail date: March 25, 2012

Ship: Carnival Spirit

Cabin type: Balcony

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

I like the Carnival Spitit. I've been on this cruise twice. The cruise director is very good (Stu), and the spa/gym facilities are great. The ship is clean, and there are lots of activities for people of all aes. I was there with my parents and my own children.

Ship experiences

I'm not big on food, but I wasn't too impressed. I love sushi, but I've never liked the sushi on this ship...I've tried it several times. Room service menu is very limited. Food was adequate in general.

I highly recommend swimming with dolphins in Cabo. Book early because it can sellout before the cruise even starts. A once in a lifetime kind of thing, all ages. Karaoke was a really good time, and the comedians were five star.

My daughter loved it and went to many of the activities. Lots of arts and craft and dancing.

I've taken almost ten cruises, and Novi was the best stewardess I've ever had.

Pros: I live in San Diego, so I was only 10 minutes from the port

Cons: Weather was great in Cabo, but the first and last days were too cold for bathing suits in March.

Recommends Carnival Spirit? Yes!