A very good cruise

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Mexico

5 Night Baja Mexico (San Diego Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 12, 2012
Ship: Carnival Spirit
It was a 5 day cruise to Cabo San Lucas from San Diego on the Carnival Spirit. It was a very nice cruise but our cabin was not what I expected. The brochure said that it was a cabin with a balcony but with a restricted view. I had no idea that the restricted view in this case meant that a tender was directly in our path of vision but also encroached on our space making the balcony one-third the size of a normal balcony and also making our cabin smaller than the normal cabin with a balcony. What is even more surprising is that I was supposed to get a 2 level cabin upgrade and this cabin was one of the upgrades I was given to choose from. I've had much better cabins with balconies that were not 2 level cabin upgrades. I should have selected a lower level, unrestricted view cabin with a balcony. There was another feature I did not like and that was that the bathroom and toiletries were equal only to a Motel 6. I'll know better next time not to arrange my travel through CruisesAlert with Alaska Airlines.

Excellent.

The only entertainment we went for were the comedians in the Comedy Club and they were excellent.

An excellent crew.

The Comedy Club comediens were excellent. The ship was clean and the crew was diligent, friendly and warm. But they should have placed the hand washers in more places and in more conspicuous places.

I have already stated what I thought of the cabin. But I did neglect to say that the bed cover was much too heavy and the mattress a little too hard. It lacked elegance.

Pros: The ambience.

Cons: Our cabin

Recommends Carnival Spirit? Yes!