Carnival Spirit Cruise Review to Alaska

Not what I expected

Sail Date: May 01, 2009

Our room flooded before we left Vancouver. Customer service was not helpful and really didn't care. Our room was wet for 2 days, but they would not move us (and they were not full) and someone from our party could not come and their room was empty. Until they upgraded someone else.
The person I did find on my way to the customer service desk was very helpful and started working on the problem immediately, but since I had found someone they said they were working on it.
It will be awhile before I use carnvial again.

Pros: Liked the ports we visited. Sitka was my favorite

Cons: Food, Customer Service, Entertainment, Activities on board

Recommends Carnival Spirit? No.

The ship was clean and it's a pretty good size ship.
Balcony size was small - room flooded (no one cared). Location was great we were on port side (recommended). Our room steward was awesome. Bed was very comfortable
Didn't care for the entertainment. I think the specialist and cruise director could have been better.
Going above and beyond - the guy who started working on the room condition. Our room steward who put the extra towel animal in our room the night after I went to bed early with a headache.
The customer service desk - NOT WILLING TO HELP AT ALL.
Dinning room food was very bland. I think the entertainment in the dining room was ok.