Surviving Hurricane Michael

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Paradise

5 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)

Sail date: October 08, 2018

Ship: Carnival Paradise

Cabin type: Oceanview

Cabin number: R89

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Very disappointing. I will not do a carnival cruise again. I would not recommend a carnival cruise again. I was not impressed that during a hurricane that the captain came over the load speaker to update us on the storm and had a very thick accent that was difficult to understand, and that someone did not come on the intercom after to translate or to tell us what was said. We felt out of the loop.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

If you gamble, there were plenty of activities for you to engage in. Each day there were plenty of activities regarding jewelry. (I do not buy jewelry, nor do I wear it, so to have an activity so many times a day that does not include the majority of your passengers doesn't seem like a great plan.) The adult deck was great with the hot tubs...It would have been better if there were a swimming pool as well. I loved the library. The games helped the time while we were inside for the day of the initial hurricane.

The musical shows were amazing. Those were on 3/5 of the nights. On the two excursion nights, there were no shows, which was disappointing. The comedy nights were hilarious. But again, nothing on excursion nights...disappointing. The singer in the main lobby. She had a variety of music. But her voice was horrible. I know that wasn't my personal opinion...I heard people complaining while walking through that area during the entire trip. As far as any other programs...I was disappointed to say the least with the lack of entertainment that was available. From 7 pm to midnight, there was plenty to do on non excursion nights, but during the day, the ship was boring and both me and my partner felt trapped.

The ship was very clean. But when you looked down at the base boards, there were gobs of paint on top of base boards that would have taken just a brief time to sand them and make them look nice. It was a half assed job on many of the detail work on the ship that could have changed the whole feel of the ship. Like the outside window of my cabin. it was splattered with red and blue paint, but the ship was white????

Ship tip

Dont

Ports of call

Tampa, Florida Did not visit port

George Town, Grand Cayman

Disembarkation

We were asked to leave our room prior to the time to leave the ship. While I understand that Leaving the ship in an organzide fashion is critical, Had I known that the the bottom of the boat would leave the ship last, I would not have booked that level of the ship. Also...we were told that if we checked luggage out the last day, we would be the last to leave. That was not the case...the were able to leave before our floor, makeing us angry that we didnt check our luggage.