Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Excellent and Affordable Fun!

Sail Date: October 15, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

My family recently went out of Tampa for a 5-day Carribbean cruise - this was my second cruise, the previous one being a 7-day Caribbean out of Galveston. I had just as much fun this trip as I did the last. I was not huge fan of Jamaica (it was dirty and the people were not polite) when I went the first time, so I was glad I didn't spend the extra money to go on a longer cruise that included that port. This boat was smaller in order to fit under the Skyway bridge, but there were still great things to do on the ship the whole time! The Stingray excursion in Grand Cayman, and the Dolphin Excursion at Chakanaab park in Cozumel, were absolutely amazing.

Our wait staff on the cruise was excellent - we requested Shyleish every night. He took excellent care of us, and knew before we even got seated that we wanted diet cokes and extra butter - those little things made a huge difference! His helper, Dennis, was excellent as well.

Our housekeeping staff were ninjas - a gentleman named Romluk took excellent care of my husband and I. Everytime we came back to our room, the bed had been made, towels were fresh and clean, and he was very accomodating whenever we needed additional things.

The ONLY down side to taking this cruise, was that with a smaller ship, I felt the rocking of the ocean a lot more. My husband gets extremely motion sickness; with the help of the motion sickness patches, this wasn't really a problem except the last day when the winds picked up a little bit. I could definitely tell a difference in comparison to the larger ship that I had been on.

Cruise Photos

Excellent. The rooms are slightly smaller than a hotel room, and you don't spend much time in them. The towel animals were always a fun surprise every night! Our housekeeping staff made our bed in the morning, noon and night!

Get the motion sickness patches. There is also an "adult only" pool and hot tub on the back of the ship that is beautiful, and well staffed for pool side drink service!