Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great cruise!

Sail Date: May 23, 2016

We enjoyed the dinners most of all.  Alfred took great care of us.  The food was delicious, and my daughter amazed me by trying new things. The kids enjoyed the kids clubs.  My son particularly enjoyed the circle C and the lady who managed that was great-she is from New Zealand. Grand Cayman was beautiful-we just took a taxi to 7 mile beach- Calico Jacks.  There is a reef just off shore that is pretty with some tropical fish. It was $5pp each way by taxi.  Cozumel- we went to paradise beach, it was $15 per taxi.  Very easy.  Instead of waiting in a long line, we flagged down a taxi on the road which was much quicker.  The water was not as nice there-it was not so clear- but it was still very pretty. The cruise entertainment director, Calvin, is hilarious.  He needs to do stand up.  He was even more funny than the comedians (but they were also good). The dance night on Lido was fun. The food was terrific. The staff were friendly and helpful. Mark, our cabin steward, was very attentive and thoughtful and he made sure we always had ice and a clean room. The serenity deck was lovely, particularly at sun set. The chairs are very comfortable and I actually fell asleep one afternoon.  This cruise exceeded my expectations.

It was bigger than I expected. There was three of us and having two single beds, and one pull down, made the room feel very spacious. I get claustrophobic, but felt find on this cruise.

If you don't feel like spending a lot on excursions, it is very simple to catch a cab to 7 mile beach or one of the beach clubs on Cozumel.