Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Fun but terrible Food

Sail Date: May 19, 2016

The cruise was fun overall. The crew on the ship was very kind, our room and dining room staff remembered our names the entire trip and always addressed us by name. They made an effort to make sure that everyone was happy and comfortable.

The down side is that the food was TERRIBLE. The first night my mom sent her dinner back twice. My ham during the breakfast the second day was rancid. Not good. The lunches provided while the dining room was closed were not appealing, they had a Wok station that was decent but it took a few minutes to cook each entree so the line was always long. The deli had a reuben that was ok, but again had very long lines as there were not many options and lots of hungry people.

Room service was a better bet, but the waits were around 40 minutes to an hour each time I called.

Our cruise director Calvyn was also wonderful. He was funny and upbeat and made the entertainment really special.

Our cabin was outdated but kept very clean by the wonderful crew. The bathroom and cabin itself need a facelift!
Lengthy process, the cruise ship terminal was hot and everyone seemed to be drenched in sweat while waiting in the lines. It took a really long time, but I am not sure how it could have been hurried along other than staggering the times a bit more.
This is an older ship, its not as up to date. But, the rooms and common spaces were kept very clean.
Our excursion was not what I had expected.
Crew was awesome. Our room attendant Clarence was great. He knew what we needed before we did! Also our dining room team was great, Dennis, Jeffrey and Msheeri (Mars).
I was expecting good food, that just isn't what we had. Very disappointing.

You can bring your own 12 packs of soda on board. I would do this! Also, tea, lemonade and water are free on the ship.