Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

First cruise...had a fantastic time.

Sail Date: April 21, 2016

Crew was fantastic and friendly.  Food ranged from ok to fantastic..  If you didn't get something that was great...plenty of great options.  Drink service for Sea Day brunch was slow.   Our room R244 was only very noisy when we docked at 3am in Tampa.  That sucked.  Otherwise quiet enough and the first night at sea was one of the best nights of sleep I've gotten in years.  Activities were plentiful and fun.  Cheers drink package was well worth it.  Even got a milkshake and macchiato and a milkshake on debarkation day with it.

We were impressed with the cabin size. Plenty of space for two people. King size layout left ample room for negotiating the cabin. It would be nice if they got rid of the wood cabinet and mounted the LCD TV. We all ready knew about the one outlet...all we charged were phones and laptop once. Brought a multi port usb charger. Worked perfect. No smells in the cabin. The bed was comfortable, best night of sleep in years first night. Relatively quiet considering you are on a ship except when we docked in Tampa. Shower is HOT as reviews state. Follow the directions turn on cold first and you are fine.
Could not have been any easier.
I've read some reviews saying the ship is old and dirty. We commented that the ship was VERY clean. Riveria deck could use new color in the halls, the Whale Tale could use fresh coat of paint...but hardly dirty. Layout is easy to learn.
Mr Sanchos was a blast. Shopping I thought was a bit expensive for somethings.
The comedian was exceptional. The Love and Marriage show was loads of fun. The 80's show and Epic Rock had good vocals and excellent stage work.
Joannna in Paris and Elation, Phil in Elation Dickey in Elation Great service
Most dishes in Elation were excellent, If you got one you didn't like, just order another one.
Tampa, Florida
uber airport to port was excellent
share cab, Mr Sanchos !

Sea Day Brunch ! Social wifi package was pretty good value at $15 for the trip. Cheers package was excellent for getting specialty coffees, even in the dining room. Take note you can't use gift cards for purchasing Cheers online. My PVP told me I could and I couldn't.