Wish we were informed

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 30, 2015
Ship: Carnival Paradise
Cabin Number: r165,237

This was our first cruise and we were very excited about the trip because my children would have dedicated special time with thier 82 year old grandmother.  This was her 4th cruise and she was excited to introduce us to the experience.  I must admit I was a little hesitant because I read poor reviews about the age and appearence of the Carnival Paradise but again, my mother was so excited about taking us I tried not to worry about it.  Upon check in we were quickly notified that "some" of the rooms had been updated and that they were still working on a few.  Well, we were in dated rooms.  Clean, but dated.  Our rooms were on the 4th floor and directly under the casino.  The smell of smoke was so prominent  in the hallway and at times the room.  Well... my mother is a severe asthmatic. By the end of day two she spent more time in her room using her breathing machine than she did anything else.  My daughters eyes and nose watered excessivly the entire trip.  My daughter cleared up the day after we arrived back on land and my mother was hospitalized.  The smoke combined with the renovation of the rooms above thier room was a complete disaster.

I must say, the accommodations and smoke completely ruined our trip BUT the Carnival Crew are an awesome bunch.

Juste, Ozmel, Elle

VERY SMOKEY

Do not stay in the rooms directly under the casino.