Not bad, not amazing

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 30, 2015
Ship: Carnival Paradise

This was my first cruise so I didn't know what to expect, but I guess I expected more. We had 2 full days at sea, and the boat had very limited activities so we did them all on the first day and had nothing left to do. The deck was overcrowded and the pool was full of kids and out of the question so we spent more time in our room then anything. Staff was really nice, except for Emmanual the shore excursion guy, he kept giving off attitude, but restaurant staff and room stewards were great. Food was ok, it seemed pretty hit and miss each night, but lines for pizza and sandwiches were way too long. Shore time in Cozumel was great because we had 8 hours and could walk off the boat, we booked non-carnival activities and had a blast. Shore time in Grand Cayman was terrible; we only had a few hours, and the tendering process takes FOREVER. Luckily we had a carnival activity, so they let us get an earlier tender then our ticket, if not we would have probably not gotten off the boat at all. Our snorkelling trip ran out of time before we got to snorkel, the staff there didn't seem to know what they were doing, so we just had a bad experience there and didn't see a thing. I would only recommend doing a carnival excursion in order to get a tender off the boat!

Overall, not a bad week, but not an amazing one I was hoping for. Next time I will try for a bigger ship with more activities and space.

Serenity for adults only section was the best find.

Not enough time, Tendering too slow, saw nothing here.
Went to a private resort, had a great time