Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

First cruise and VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Sail Date: September 20, 2014

This was my first cruise and I was extremely disappointed overall.  I traveled with someone that has taken over 6 cruises and he was also let down with Carnival.  In the stateroom, there was only one electrical outlet throughout the whole room.  In your cruise details, it stated that a hairdryer will be provided.  Thankfully, I brought my own.  Unfortunately, the rest of my party did not, so I had to share my hairdryer.  We complained numerous times that our air-conditioning was not working properly.  Maintenance came to our room 5 times to fix it.  Finally, a small portable fan was put in our room to cool it to a warm 76 degrees.  This also caused a problem with the fan using the one outlet that we had.  We asked our stateroom steward to change our bedding on the third night, because there were stains on the bedding. The bedding was not changed, just turned over, because we actually marked it with a pen in the corner of the sheet.  Entertainment was not provided as I thought it would.  All entertainment stopped every night at around 11:30 and nothing else was provided.  I had assumed there would be entertainment on the Lido Deck continuously, this did NOT occur.  It was sporadic and short-lived.  The most disappointing experience was the food service.  Buffets ended every night an hour earlier than the previous night and only pizza was available.  When you hear about cruises, this was the one thing people always talk about.  The first night the buffets ended at 1:00 and an hour earlier each night after.  Food was not high quality and not always available.  My travel partner actually lost 7 pounds on the trip and I, myself, lost 2 pounds. When we did order room service, it was an hour late and cold.  We bought the endless bubble (soda) card but we were charged when we ordered a soft drink from room service.  They said it is not a part of the bubble package.  Other than one bar staff, a waitress named Stella from Serbia, everyone else was extremely rude, short, and unpleasant to talk to.  Stella, always saw that we were served and comfortable.  She was the highlight of the trip.  The ship itself is not well maintained, dirty, stale smelling, and very warm.  Air-conditioning was lacking throughout the entire ship.  Overall, I was disappointed in Carnival, known as the “Fun Ship”. Fun was not experienced at all!

Not well-maintained
Food was lacking and great food was not to be found
One-outlet, bad a/c, never changed the sheets the entire time, carpet stained.
Overall, staff was just ok...
What entertainment??
Children's Programs N/A
What was offered was fun I guess, but really not a lot offered.
Because we got to get off the ship and experience GREAT food.
Tampa, Florida
George Town, Grand Cayman
Do an excursion, because everything else is expensive and the excursions are cheaper.
Go to Mr. Chilis, they have wi-fi, swings in the bar and great salsa/chips!

Bring a power strip if you plan to use more than one outlet. Take your allotted 2 bottles of wine, soft drinks and water. You will need them. If you want to cool down go to the Promenade Room, it is the only place where the air-conditioning works. Get your food early before the buffets close down