Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

FIRST TIME CRUISE AND THE LAST TIME POOR POOR EXPERIENCE! TRAILER TRASH CRUISE

Sail Date: April 28, 2014

We were so excited when we boarded on Monday we were told we would have good food. The first thing we did is go eat. Well it was not good. We thought it would get better but it got worse as the cruise went along.   They did have a lot of choices Hot dogs that had stale buns and where mushy and dried out burgers. The carving station by the pool had dried out meat wilted salad. The inside buffet was not much better. The sandwich station and the salad bar was the best part of the food. The pizza was a farce. Like in other reviews it took forever to get a piece of pizza. Even lunch and dinner they made one at a time and if you asked for cheese pizza they gave you whatever there was. Sometimes there was nobody back there at all. As for the breakfasts it was the worst thing greasy and nasty.  As for the main dining area in the Elation the food was not much better. The staff there was nice and did a good job. To rate the food we would have better at Golden Coral or McDonalds then what was served here.

Now that I reviewed the food lets go to the ship. The ship did show some age the carpet in our room where stained and pictures mirrors cracked. The bed and bath room was clean and our steward did a god job. We thought this was a for the most part a nonsmoking ship. They said there was smoking in just a couple of areas. This was not true. We could not go out pool deck or any other without strong smell of smoke. Half of the lounges where smoking along with main hall ways. They had activities like trivia stuff all in smoking areas. It was not good. We even smelled smoke in our cabin and so did our neighbor we called and the guy that came spoke little English and did nothing.  Another thing is they pushed the booze we could not sit in the dining area without four or five people pushing shots at dinner. It is ok to as if want a drink but I said no so leave me alone.

Now for the good part.  Most of the staff where nice and greeted you.  My wife as soon as we got on board got a cold or something. Our cabin steward made sure we had extra tissues.  Her nose cleared up by the time we left the airport on Saturday figure that one out. Most of the dining staff where great. The water pressure was good and so where the two stage shows. We did not do the comedy shows because my wife was not feeling good and because it was in a smoking area.  Well we did stop at Grand Cayman getting on off ok.  And we took a tour that was ok. We also went to Cozumel. I would never go back there again. Over all at sea I was bored and going nuts.  We did not enjoy this experience it seems to me that carnival does not read the reviews or does not care. I felt it was a cheap cruise all around. They pushed the booze so you would not notice the cheap food.   Our next trip will not be on a cruise. There was nothing good about this to stand out and was a big waste of our time and money. I cannot tell you in words how disappointing this experience was to us. I would not recommend this trip at all

Older does show some age roome decor outdated
Sizzler food low grade Poor food all places NOT GOOD AT ALL
older needs updating over all clean
99% staff all nice
2 grat stage shows other things smoking areas
unless sit pool drink not a lot to keep bussy or was in a smoking area
Cayman was ok but Mexice sucked
Tampa, Florida
George Town, Grand Cayman
Tender rough island was great and clean. Shopping right off boat. Had wait while for excersion start
dock was great but island was not worth getting off boat to see. Locals shaking you down all time.

Want good food stay home. Want lung cancer go on this cruise smoking every place. Want good seat at main show go early get seat. Choose anytime dining will give you lots more time and not be stuck missing other things.