Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great cruise at a very reasonable price!

Sail Date: April 05, 2014

We enjoyed our cruise with Carnival on the ship Paradise.  Even though it was an older ship with fewer amenities, it far exceeded my expectations for cleanliness.  The ship was very well maintained and the staff were excellent.  I was a little dissapointed with the entertainment offered.  The show was mediocre at best and there were very few other entertainment options offered that didnt inclue spending money onboard.  However, I will definitely cruise again with Carnival.

The ship was well maintained and clean
The food was ok considering the number of people onboard to feed. The variety of choices were good.
The overall cleanliness was ok. The cabin could use a very good 'deep' cleaning tho. Some mold on the shower tiles and floor. Fingerprints on doors, etc.
The staff was attentive and friendly. Had a little problem with our cabin steward coming into the room unannounced and too often. But he was attentive to our needs.
I was dissapointed with the entertainers onboard. The show was 'cheesy' and mediocre at best. The activities were few and far between. Gaps in times of activities offered. And few activities without spending money onboard.
Children's Programs not applicable to my trip
Referenced above
Their excursions I felt were very overpriced. Also, I booked a certain excursion online prior to boarding. We were put on a bus and without my knowledge were transported to a location for a similar excursion they booked us on instead of my choice. I was very dissapointed we didnt get to go to the location I chose.
Tampa, Florida
The location was convenient with the exception of parking. The staff was not friendly and bordered on being RUDE.
George Town, Grand Cayman
We decided to go on our own and not book an excursion and Im thrilled we did. The snorkeling a few yards from the port area was perfect and beautiful. The local people were very friendly.
We enjoyed the port area. It was very clean and pretty, we felt safe. The people were friendly and the shopping was fun.

We opted for the 'anytime dining' option. Next time I will choose a specific seating. There seemed to always be a wait during the times we chose to be seated. Also, the wait staff were less attentive.