Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

A Good Introduction to a cruise

Sail Date: November 18, 2011

The staff was wonderful! Always helpful no matter what department. Do be prepared for fairly expensive drinks (about $9 each). The boat has a lot of open spaces and quiet areas to spread out. Get up early, at least one morning, and enjoy the sunrise at sea, fantastic.

Unfortunately for dinner we were seated with a 5 year old who repeatedly crawled up on to the table and grabbed our dinner and glassware. I tried to be polite telling the child "no" and the parents were so passive with him it made your skin crawl, only his 12 year old brother redirected him. We had a great waiter but decided to talk to the maiter D'. No explanation needed as he had seen the child in action and reseated us immediately.

The tour to La Bufadora was wonderful. Yes the vendors are trying to "sell" you along the walk but just keep saying, "no thank you/no gracias" and keep a straight path. The view is lovely. Our tour hostess was fantastic and pointed out things all along the drive. The bus was comfortable and clean, I felt we got our money's worth. We also made a quick stop at the original casino (it's in town) from the 1930's that supposedly invented the margarita. If you appreciate old architecture this was absolutely beautiful and you will be delighted with what you see. The two of us walked the town center after our tour in about an hour. We always felt safe. There are a few shops back at the ship's dock, and surprisingly the prices overall were lower than what we found in town (i.e. a $7.50 item was $7 at the dock). And conveniently, all the stores throughout the day dealt with us with the US dollar.

Overall, in the end, I'm not a cruiser type, but I have to say that Carnival did a wonderful job and I could recommend their cruises hand down.

Pros: We loved being out at sea cruising and the land tour to la bufadora

Cons: ill behaved children

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!

The staff picked up and cleaned everything all the time, but I would have liked to have had a trashcan in the public areas here and there.
Beds were very comfortable and the room was well ventilated. There was plenty of room for the two of us in a standard cabin.
Killed me to stay up past 9pm (ha-ha) but we did and really enjoyed both the stage show and the comedy shows on two evenings (out of three).
Ensenada, Mexico
Our tour guide Lilliana was excellent, knowledgeable, friendly and well spoken.