Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

An enjoiyable cruise

Sail Date: April 04, 2011

Stateroom was spacious and clean. Stewards did a great job maintaining the room. The check-in process was horrendous and not very organized. It was a 3+ step process that took a long time to get through.

Pros: Our kids made great friends and had a wonderfu ltime

Cons: The food was mediocre. The pool was tiny and was very cold.

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!

My older children thought the leader of the O2 club was rude and did not like his job. The children's clubs were not open as much as we expected.
Comedian was great; the musical shows were a bit cheesy and pre-recorded (except for lead singers).
My kids did not think the leaders of the Kid's Clubs (O2 and Circle C) were very good.
The wait staff at the buffet were very helpful. They took my daughter's tray (with brand new retainers in a napkin) before she was finished eating. I don't know how much trash they had to go through but they found and returned her retainers.
Although ship was full, it never felt really crowded.
Meals in the Elation restaurant were good and service was good. All other food was ok - reminded of Hometown Buffet - cheap food for the masses.
Catalina Island, California
My kids went snorkeling but even with a wetsuit, it was too cold. We rented a golfcard and took a short tour - not alot to see.
Ensenada, Mexico
We were torn about visting Mexico but opted to walk to the downtown shopping area. We felt safe and met a nice man that drove us briefly around the area and then to downtown via his horse buggy. We sat at a bar for a couple of hours and had cheap drinks and great guacamole. My kids enjoyed the bartering/shopping.