Filthy-dining, sleepless noisy cruise

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

4 Night Baja Mexico (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 31, 2007
Ship: Carnival Paradise
Whomever booked our stateroom did not have our ability to sleep in mind. Between the elevator against our wall, stopping with people making lots of noise inside it and the doors of it opening and closing, and the loud banging coming from the room below us, we did NOT get much sleep. I was SHOCKED at the filthy stains on chairs, tablecloths, and napkins in the Lido and main dining room - and some of the food made me ill. I've been on that ship before and it was not like that then. So, overall, it was a REALLY HORRIBLE and FILTHY FOUR DAYS WITH NO SLEEP. I thought I could trust you to provide a quiet stateroom for us. We are senior citizens and we NEED SOME SLEEP. I am still exhausted from it. Also, you sent emails to ME that were addressed to our guests whom WE paid for to have a "nice vacation" together, which is was NOT. I responded for each one, asking you to remove their names from your list, I don't appreciate receiving FIVE emails at once from you! I've always had good experiences with you people - have you changed management or something? You really need to take the Carnival Paradise off your list, or are ALL of the Carnival ships filthy now? I REALLY FEEL CHEATED out of a LOT OF MONEY to treat my family and I was so embarrassed that they had to eat in filth for 4 days, and with very little sleep - they got crabby!.

Pros: The staff was nice!

Cons: The Lido AND main dining room had FILTHY STAINS on almost EVERY chair, napkin and tablecloth. It was not like that the last time I was on the same ship. Our stateroom was behind the elevator and above a room with loud banging noises that kept us awake at night.

Recommends Carnival Paradise? No.