Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

Short but fun!

Sail Date: May 28, 2007

This was my second cruise. I was on the sister ship Pride last September. I took my daughter on this cruise for a test run to see if she would like it, and she did. We did the 4 day cruise. I have to admit, even though the Paradise is smaller than the pride, it had just as much to do. From a visual standpoint, the Paradise needs some updates though. The decor is kind of tacky, as well as it could use a little TLC as it is showing signs of age. In the future, I would recomend a longer cruise, as four days is just enough to tease you. If I had the choice, I would have done the 7 day cruise instead. I have a review of that from last September. Overall, it was a nice trip, lots of nice people (staff and other travellers). For a weekend getaway to party, I would do it again. Just a note, look at the average temps, because the day at sea was too cold to lay out by the pool. Beware of the high priced photos! My next Cruise is in September for the Eastern Carribean, and I hope I have a better review for that one. Hope this helps some what.

Pros: Being away

Cons: poor weather

Recommends Carnival Paradise? Yes!

The food was ok, I would not say that it was as good and as fresh as my cruise on the sister ship pride. The food in the main dining room was warm, at best. The slads had signs of wilting lettuce, and the banannas in the am were bruised. I think they also must share the same menu as the Pride.
We had a 4A interior stateroom. It was larger, and they layout was nicer than others we passed. For the money, I would upgrade for a window though! The room was spotless, we had a great Steward!!!!!
The Guitarist in the bar by the Casino was awesome. And such a varity too! The comedy shows were great! The singing and dance shows were not so hot, but that could be a personal preference!
My daughter took part in the teen club O2 for 15-17 year olds. It was great for her. She met new friends, and kept her active in the evenings. I think if she would not have done that she would have been bored!
The staff were so nice and plesant! So much nicer than on my last cruise!
The ship was ok, nothing too fancy. Showed sign of wear and tear, and not as clean as I would have expected!
Catalina Island, California
We just walked around Avalon, got fudge, and ice cream, and laid out on their little beach. Avalon, is really a quaint little place.
Ensenada, Mexico
I really missed out on this port, as we did the mini jeep adventure excursion. We got back to port about 6, were do dirty, we did not want to go shopping right away. Needles to say, we had dinner, and never made it into town. In the future, I would have gone into town in the morning. The jeep adventure was OK. Kind of pricy, but it did occupy most of the afternoon!