paradise cruise

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

4 Night Baja Mexico (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 26, 2006
Ship: Carnival Paradise
We had a good time on this ship. The staff was very attentive, especially in the dining room. I did feel like we were charged for something or other at every turn we took. A picture here, a soda there, a $12 tattoo that only lasted for a day, etc. The rooms were pretty soundproof, aside from the hallway noise. Children running up and down the hall woke us up a few times. My biggest complaint would be the unsanitary feeling of this vessel. The public restrooms were tiny and dirty, the carpets were stained, and the room smelled like cigarettes. It didn't measure up to the high standards I have when I travel, but for a trip with the kids, it was good. The kids enjoyed the 24 hour pizza and room service a lot! I felt like the buffet food left a lot to be desired. The omelets were good but I felt like everything else was at cafetria standards.

The food was good. Not great, but good.

There was always something to do or see. We especially liked the magic show. We didn't win a dime in the casino, though!!

I found the staff to be very, very friendly, attentive, and helpful.

I felt like the decor of this ship was dated and the ship felt dirty to me. The carpets were stained and the cabin smelled like cigarettes. The napkins in the Paris restaurant (buffet) were stained with lipstick or food and the silverware often had dried food on it.

The bed was very comfortable and the stateroom was very attended to. I liked the turndown service and the cute towel animals! It was lovely having an ocean view.
It is what I expected. A lot of poverty and exploited children combined with great deals to be had from several of the vendors. The stores "guaranteed" by Carnival had prices that were at least double.
Catalina is a really cute town. I'd like to go back for a weekend.
Don't Miss: The shopping

Pros: The formal dining staff

Cons: The restrooms