Carnival Paradise Cruise Review to Mexico

A Great Family Vacation

Sail Date: May 22, 2006

The "Paradise" was well appointed with a little bit of something for everyone. Our group consisted of a family of 12 aged from my 18 month old daughter to my 80 year old grandfather. From the library, card room, spa, children's area, running track and mini-golf to the dining rooms, shops and 24 hour pizza - my entire family found something that worked for them. I definitely recommend a cruise for a large family gathering that includes different ages and interests.

Pros: The food and service were excellent. There was something for everyone of all ages.

Cons: I wish there were more babysitting options for children under two.

The ship was clean and well laid out. It was easy to either take stairs or elevators to get to different areas of the ship. Every day we discovered a new room or area.
I was pleasantly surprised by the rooms. I had been prepared for tiny, cramped quarters, but the room was very liveable and comfortable. The idea isn't to spend much time in the room anyway!
The children's programs seemed great, but since our daughter is only 18 months old the babysitting times were extremely limited. It would have been nicer if I could have come in with her and supervised her while she played with the toys. She needed more freedom to be able to play in a "babysafe" zone.
The food was amazing. We definitely over-indulged. There was a huge variety of options and the formal dining was very good. You can never go hungry on a cruise!
Our entire experience with the ship staff was overwhelmingly positive. We especially loved our dining room wait staff. The service was above excellent.
As I said above, there was something for everyone on this cruise. My 80 year old grandparents enjoyed the towel folding demonstration, playing cards in the card room and the nightly entertainment; my cousin had 4 different spa treatments; my husband enjoyed the casino and the spin classes; my mom and aunt enjoyed the wine tasting and afternoon tea. My 18 month old daughter enjoyed the kids pool, dancing to the reggae band on the deck and the limited babysitting for kids under 2. My sister meanwhile enjoyed karaoke and late night hot tubbing. We all definitely enjoyed the food.
Catalina Island, California
Catalina was surprisingly great. We let our daughter play in the sand on the beach while my husband and I relaxed in the sun. My cousin and aunt rented bicycles and toured the island while the rest of the family shopped. Later in the afternoon we rented a golf cart for six and toured the island. It was very beautiful.
Ensenada, Mexico
Ensenada is not one of our favorite places. The City is dirty and doesn't have a lot to offer. However, since it is one of the stops on this excellent 4 day cruise, I still encourage people to take the cruise. My family enjoyed shopping in the market and did take the tour to the "blowhole"