CABIN 6237 Negative Review ONLY (real review in new room later)

Carnival Panorama Cruise Review to Mexico

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Panorama

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: October 02, 2021

Ship: Carnival Panorama

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 6237

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

This review is only for my bad experiences with Cabin 6237 on 02OCT2021. Unfortunately, I do not know how to review a cabin without doing a full review. I tried to keep the ship review to a minimum, but had to make some marks due to the nature of the review program.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Standard size cabin in this area of the ship (at least 8235 was the same), a bit smaller than other ships, tiny balcony. Mattress is very firm which will bother some people. Limited closet space, but for a week, sufficient. Drawer space very limited, for two people for a week, very tight. TV is on wall at foot of the bed. This was an unrequested and unexpected "UPGRADE" from our deck 2 balcony. We would have changed back but were told that it would be later in the day since our old cabin was taken. First thing we noticed was that there were some dust bunnies and the closet had over half a case of water (good because we used it, bad because it should have been removed). As I started to unpack, several drawers had some filth in them (brownish granules). Cleaned up the drawers and washed them out. Talked to the steward (nice friendly person) about 14:00, said we were easy, the only thing we really had to have was ice twice a day. Did not get the ice until after dinner. When we got underway, you could hear and feel the bow thrusters, but they were not an issue for us at the low level of noise and vibration but it was enough to alert us that something was happening (pushing away from the pier). THE BAD: About 21:45, dozing off, and the O2 club starts blasting (found out it was the O2 later). Went on until around 23:00. Went and talked to the service desk, and with a bit of sobbing, Reason (his name, and one great service desk person) got me a room up on 8 (same area). A MUCH quieter room over all and no club noise. The neighbors on both sides of me and I talked the next morning as I was moving about the noise, I told them to go to the service desk and get a room change (60%, lots of empty rooms), they jumped on the steward, who has no power to help.

Ship tip

if possible, make sure that noise rooms are not nearby!!!!

Disembarkation