A wonderful cruise, with a few exceptions.

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Miracle

5 Night Baja Mexico (San Diego Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 12, 2020

Ship: Carnival Miracle

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 7110

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

The boat was very out dated even for being built in 2003. It was like a maze, there were parts that were hidden and hard to find. All they had to do on the ship was bars. They only have a buffet, and dining room, no upgrades like guys burgers. There were a lot of parts on the ship that were old, rusted, broken off. It seemed like there was less stuff to do in the fun times on this ship than previous ships.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

We were excited to try the chinese buffet, but it disappointed every one in our group. The buffet food was always mediocre. I liked the food by the pool when I was craving a burger and fries. And the dining room food, even for sea day brunch, was always amazing. There were some dishes in there that were delicious!!

We had Karl, and Angelo in the dining room and requested them every night. They were SPECTACULAR! The best waiters we have had on a cruise, or anywhere. We loved them.

This is our first time cruising in an inside cabin. Before the cruise I was a little bummed we wouldn't have a window, or a balcony, or it would be too small. But I LOVED this room. It was the perfect size for the two of us, never felt cramped. I was able to pack both our clothes away in the three closets and drawers to save even more room. And the pitch black at night, and through out the day, from having no window was so amazing! I slept so good from it. Never knew what time it was lol.

Ship tip

Buy the drink package. There's tons of bars on the ship. Not much dining. And really all you can do on a cruise is drink and eat.

Ports of call

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

It was pretty from the ship. We got off one day and got right back on. We were met with tons of people in our face trying to get us on their boat tours. Even as far as yelling 'come on give us all your money'. We agreed to a 10 dollars each glass bottom boat tour to the arc. Paid 1 dollar each to board the pier. And then at the end of the tour he said he needed tips since they dont get paid from the 40 we just gave them. We had nothing left but 2 dollars and he looked at us like we stole from him.

San Diego, California

Disembarkation

It was the smoothest, fasted disembarkation I have ever experienced since they had two places they were letting people off instead of one.

Traveler Photos

Sea day brunch chicken and biscuit with gravy Any time dining room, steak Shrimp, and fried rice, dining room Cabin 7110