Granddaughters trip

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Liberty

3 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 17, 2020

Ship: Carnival Liberty

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 9273

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

This trip was to give my grand daughters A taste of cruising. It was me A grand father and 3 Grand daughters. Age 12, 16 and 28. The 28 year old was last minute. It was supposed to be 2 16 year olds. One of them had to back out at last minute. This is not A trip for teens. There were very few teens on board. This is A party cruise. Most were in there 20s. Just the wrong cruise for what I was wanting to do. My travel agent should have warned me as she knew what I was doing.

Embarkation

No problems. Arrived at our scheduled time and pretty much walked on board.

Ship experiences

MDR food was pretty good but the service sucked. Some items I never got. Couldn't get bar service. Would have to ask for butter. Worst dining room service in 24 cruises.

RedFrog Rum Bar

Another place that needs to be twice as large and more help behind the bar.

Blue Iguana Cantina

Wasn't open 1 day. Just like everything else. Too small for the amount of passengers. Always A line.

Everything was too crowded. Could not enjoy anything. Not enough pool and deck space for the amount of passengers.

Flowers Lobby

This was the only venue that there wasn't always A wait. Could just about always find A seat at the bar and never much wait to get A drink.

Didn't go.

Children didn't attend. There were very few children aboard

Video Arcade

Total rip off. Mostly gambling style machines. Very few actual video games. Mostly Claw machines that are A $ plus to play and last 15 seconds. Teaching kids to gamble at an early age.

Other than the Lobby bar; Service was slow and not what I'm used to on A cruise. This goes back to the fact that there are too many people on the ship.

Ship was beautiful and clean. Loved the layout. Get rid of 500 passengers and would be great.

Cabin was fine. Even with 4 people we were never cramped. Location was great.

Ship tip

This is NOT A trip to take Kids on. If you take kids be warned of the arcade and limit there cards. My 12 year old maxed her card in less than an hour. Glad I had capped it .

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida

No excursion

Didn't do any excursions. Did go to town and shopping. Went back to the beach A little later. I have been to Nassau many times.

Disembarkation

Typical Carnival. They call too many people at the time and have to work your way through A long line. They need to let one group get through before calling the next group.