On a scale of 1-10 it was a 4 !

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Liberty

3 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: August 02, 2019

Ship: Carnival Liberty

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 8454

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

Not very happy with carnival . They use to be the FUN SHIP now it's the MONEY SHIP.

Embarkation

Unaware of changes for "SOME" guests not for all. Had a party of 16 and was not allowed to board together.

Ship experiences

Dining room was good, speciality restaurant, did not participate, buffets, eh.....just ok nothing to write home about.Room service, whats up with the charging of items? I pay enough to cruise and now for room service I have to pay extra? Even in the dining room, if you want steak or lobster its MORE .

Karaoke sucked. Old equipment, Host, was just doing it, didn't seem to be care or enjoy what he was doing. Serenity deck....not well marked, to many KIDS .

Serenity

To many kids

Comedians on this trip were ok, funnier than most i have seen on cruises..

To me, I feel the level of service has declined over the years.. I have not been on a lot of cruises but I would say the first 4-5 cruises, I felt I was given a lot of attention from Waiters, and room stewards, but the latest cruises, you hardly see your room steward unless you call for them.The dinning room staff to me seems over worked, yet there is one waiter for rolls, butter, water, drinks, appetizers, and entrees, a lot of staff, but not coordinated or perhaps rushed.

Getting old, in need of a makeover

entry way was tight, mattress a little lumpy . But clean. Was not happy with the balcony, its not private. The Lido deck can see onto our balcony, and the neighbors on either side can look right into your room.

Ship tip

Go as cheap as possible, because you will be charged a lot of extra's.

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida

We boarded ship here, stayed the night before in cocoa beach, arrived at port and could not find way into parking garage, not marked well, too much confusions with signs.

Hoped to get off ship and do some shopping but nothing close to walk to.

Disembarkation

I had 16 people in my group some had to wait over 1 1/2 hours in lines to get off. Mass confusions all over..