Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Tons of Fun, Wonderful Staff, Great Value

Sail Date: November 02, 2014

It's been many too many years since I've been on a Carnival ship.  Last cruise aboard the Victory (in 2001) did not disappoint, and last week's cruise aboard Carnival Liberty was even better.  If I had to pick just one standout element - it was the staff.  While we had excellent service in the past, it seemed like they've taken it to yet another level on this ship.  To a person, it seemed like everybody was in the "going above and beyond" mode, and the friendliness was genuine.  Special shout-outs to: Made, our wonderful room steward - he radiates good energy and took great care of us; Gideon, Laurean, and Steve - our waitstaff - our group had a bunch of tables, but we always sat at the same place so we could have them - they made our dining experience so fun and were just the best.  Speaking of dining, loved the new steak and lobster entree options for just $20 additional - had the Maine lobster tail and a perfectly cooked petite filet one night and you can't get that anywhere on land for only $20.  Also managed to check out Guy's Burgers (split the burger and fries with a friend and enjoyed every bite), Mongolian Wok, and all I can say about Pizza Pirate is if there was a place near me that made pizza like they do, I'd be in big trouble - the PERFECT pizza.  Plenty of options in the buffet - only complaint there was please bring back trays in the buffet restaurant!  Very hard to try to carry everything at once, and a tray would make things so much easier.  Only other negative was I hope Carnival will consider following suit of some of the other major cruise lines and ban smoking on stateroom balconies - and there were still parts of the ship that just reeked of smoke (anywhere near the casino, for instance).

Back to the positives - the ship was super clean, the entertainment was great.  Got dragged to a few shows I'd normally never have attended - they were so silly, yet we laughed so hard - if a person tends to take themselves too seriously or just needs a break from their life, they should get themselves on a Carnival ship as soon as possible - they don't call it "The Fun Ships" for nothing.  Terrific bang for the buck.

Loved the $20 steak and lobster options in the main dining room, lots of choice in the buffet, lots of complimentary alternative dining - sorry I didn't have time to sample them all!
As always, good amount of space and a lot of storage options.
BIG THANK YOU to Made, our wonderful cabin steward, and to Gideon, Laurean and Steven, our fantastic waitstaff. They all made our cruise extra special and radiated friendliness and good energy along with their great service.
Didn't make it to all of the shows, but loved the ones I attended - even the silly stuff.
Plenty to do, or you could do your own thing, so perfect for everybody.
Didn't get off the ship in Freeport this time, but in Nassau took a public bus to Ardastra Gardens and had a fantastic time. People were exceptionally friendly and we felt reassured, as we'd been a little nervous about safety issues if going off on our own. Coco Cay was beautiful.
If you enjoy birds and nature, check out Ardastra Gardens.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Beautiful beaches, turquoise water - the quintissential "beach paradise" you see in photos but can't believe those are really the colors.