Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A fun cruise

Sail Date: March 18, 2006

I recently sailed on the Carnival Liberty and was very impressed with the way over 3000 people were accomodated. We had a problem with our seating the first night and without so much as a wink, the m'aitre d' reassigned us to a table which turned out to be even more appropriate than the original one. For the most part all concerns were taken care of and the staff were polite and helpful.

Pros: The professionalism of the ship's staff

Cons: The very small remuneration allowed for missing a port of call and weather problems in Panama.

Puerto Limon, Costa Rica
The cost of this tour was outrageous. It was only the lovely personality of our tour guide that made it worth anyting at all. We saw little and much of it was not overly interesting,
Colon, Panama
Another VERY expensive tour which turned out to be nothing short of a major disaster. The tour guide was useless, our visit to one of the locks was void of information and explanation, directions were obtuse at best. My traveling companion and I were forced to miss the boat ride portion of the tour because the monsoon-like rain storm ruined our shoes and clothes, In addition, when we saw the boats tilting in the water, we were both too nervous to continue. We had to buy dry clothes at the hotel from whicht he boats left and I had to throw out a perfectly good pair of walking shoes. We were fortunate to befriend an employee of the tour company and she was able to get us on a bus back to the ship rather than having us wait for hours until our tour returned.
Colon, Panama