Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Extremely relaxing vacation.

Sail Date: July 22, 2012

The ship was clean and well-maintained. Everything was well-organized to provide a relaxing, enjoyable experience. The crew was friendly and completely helpful. They truly went above and beyond. Note: I would not want to bring children on the ship because although they offer various children's activities, the decor of the ship consisted of topless female art everywhere you went.

Pros: The private balcony in our room

Cons: On \"At Sea\" days\, the pools were too overcrowded for relaxing

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

The reason for my good rating was the decor\, as I mentioned before. The layout was strange as well. The public areas were on decks 2 and 3 and 9 and 10\, so you took stairs constantly\, which is normal on a cruise\, but I've never seen a ship with such a stretch between public areas. The cleanliness was great\, but I could see accessibility being annoying if you were unable to climb stairs in certain areas.
The food was exquisite. The dining rooms were lovely. My husband and I LOVED the \"your time\" dining which we were able to do for no extra cost; we simply paid our gratuities in advance. I also highly recommend their steakhouse. It is $35/person\, but off ship\, the meal would have been in the vicinity of $150. Completely worth the experience. We also frequented the buffets which always held a nice variety of both hot & cold foods for longer lengths of time and were quite delicious.
This was the first time I had ever been in a balcony room\, and I don't think I'll ever be able to go back. The room was roomy for a cruise. We had a king bed\, a vanity\, a coffee table\, and couch in addition to closets\, bathroom\, and our private balcony which we used every single day. The stewards were wonderful; the best service I have ever had.
The behind the scenes staff was wonderful. I did find the cruise director's staff to be much more reserved and awkward than I have experienced before\, although they did fine.
Great shows. I mentioned the staff. Everything ran very late at night which was a bit disappointing for us early birds\, although we managed to see just about everything. I would have liked more options on the \"At Sea\" days because the pools were so overcrowded as there wasn't a lot of alternatives offered.