Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Excellent Experience

Sail Date: June 10, 2012

Carnival Legend is a great ship. We stayed in cabin 8174, there was some noise from the pool on the floor above us, but nothing too bothersome. An extended balcony is certainly the way to go, I couldn't imagine not having a balcony. The service was amazing with extremely friendly staff. We had a beautiful wedding service at the port of Tampa prior to departure, my family had a wonderful day. The wedding, honeymoon, and overall experience exceeded my expectations. It amazes me the logistics involved running this ship and it all went smoothly. At times the excursions felt a bit rushed and I didn't feel I got the quality for the money, but this is only because I am used to traveling by land on my own schedule, so being hoarded around in groups of tourists was certainly a different way to see new countries and cultures. However, I wouldn't let that detour you from enjoying excursions. I couldn't have been happier with the overall experience.

Pros: Service and overall experience

Cons: Excursions - traveling in groups, but not disappointing

Recommends Carnival Legend? Yes!

Tons of entertainment on board - almost daunting. There is a lot to do on this ship. Sometimes you have to skip it all and just enjoy time by the pool, or lounging on the balcony in the privacy of your cabin.
We actually only dined 2 nights out of 7 inside Truffles Restaurant, because our table was located in an awkward area which led us to dine on our own accord on Lido Deck buffet. The food at Truffles was delicious, but we should have opted for the dine at our own time option - this would have given us more flexibility which would have been best (for us).
Awesome staff - cleaned our room twice a day and they knew our schedule so they tried to enter during our dining time, or when we were away from the cabin. Very friendly, warm, and always smiling staff took good care of us.
Again absolutely amazing staff!