Average cruise

Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Exotic Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 11, 2011
I had my first cruise with Costa Altanica, a 3.5 star ship. Carnival legend is rated 4.5 star. I have high expectation for this 1 extra star but disappointed. The decor and layout are eerily similar to Costa. Disco bass is so far-reaching. Even on Deck 4, i could still hear it and bothered.The food in buffet has varieties but the formal dining choices are limited. The dancing/singing formal show was mediocre. The last night's show was anti-climax. Comedy show really shined. I laughed out loud quite often. Tea time was disappointing. Costa has organic tea in more than 20 varieties. They offered regular tea bags. The distance between ship and some shores is too far, e.g., Belize. It's waste of time. The wireless is at snail speed and your charge is pretty high for that. You still use tube TV rather than LCD in stateroom? For the money I paid, I was expecting some up-scaled treats and got very few of them.

Buffet is good. Formal dining is so-so.

Look like an old ship in 90's.

No LCD TV. Sound insulation is not good.

Pros: Chinese food in buffet, comedy show

Cons: mediocre formal show and formal dining, long distance to shore (Belize), wifi charge, tube TV

Recommends Carnival Legend? No.