Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great time

Sail Date: August 13, 2011

First time on Inspiration -- nice time and ship but would do something different next time. Nice dining room, small pool area, "young" club crowd. Two shows -- entertaining but first ("Latin America") on was hard to take with non-Spanish speaking singers (BTW -- I don't speak Spanish and I couldn't take the gringo-ness of it all). One live band also hard on the ears another really good (I am not a music snob -- it was that off). Evenings started to feel the same -- comedy (fun) or dance club (empty/young). High quality toiletries and robes in staterooms.

Pros: Nonstop food

Cons: Grand Cayman

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? Yes!

Standard ocean view stateroom -- clean and roomy
Everyone very friendly and helpful. Brought a small cooler and had to constantly ask for ice -- seemed like they would have figured it out after the first few times -- even tipped cash to try to get better service. Would have gotten the ice myself but steward insisted that I ask...
Variety of different activities but not very well attended for some reason. Lots of trivia (which I like but seemed like a lot). Dances were dead -- maybe just this group of passengers...
Lots of children -- looked like they had their own activities so it wasn't a problem (e.g., not running around non-stop; didn't see any acting up at meals)
tiny pool but not very crowded so it was fine; clean and well-kept
I had late-seating; next time I will choose Your Time Dining for greater variety in the people you meet.
Shops and restaurants at the port itself; even more downtown (which is a $7 taxi ride away).
George Town, Grand Cayman
Nothing here -- if you don't have an excursion probably just stay on the ship. My excursion (Reef Snorkel) was just okay...