Not for those that like the finer things

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 07, 2007
Ship: Carnival Inspiration
The ship's decor is outdated and simply ugly....unless you like garish colors and 80's marbled mirrored walls. The only positive things I can say are that the ship was clean and our room steward and waiter were very friendly and attentive. This was not a cruise for those who prefer truly fine dining, relaxation and pleasurable amenities. The salon/spa was old and looked disorganized (we are salon owners - NOT IMPRESSED!). This is a great cruise if you are under thirty and want to go on a "booze cruise!"

The presentation was good but the food was poorly seasoned and some of the meats were tough and lacking in flavor. They served the worst cheesecake I have ever tasted!

My guess is that they do not pay very well as the staff was not as professional or polished as on other lines.

See above.

Nice size and layout. The bed linens and guest robes were of good quality and comfortable.
I hadn't been to Cozumel since the hurricane ravaged the island. It is not the Cozumel I remember. The people are still wonderful but the damage to this beautiful island was truly very sad.
Loved Grand Cayman.....would have loved to have been there much longer!!!

Pros: The upper deck pool

Cons: decor, food, caliber of staff

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? No.