Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Abso-lutly Wonderful!

Sail Date: September 16, 2006

We had travelled on the Imagination in May with my company. It was fun but the Inspiration staff were much more cheerful, playful and helpful. We were impressed with Carnival's recognition of us being repeat CCL customers by offering the special Captain's cocktail party. Everything was so special during our 4 days: very comfortable beds and room (we loved being at the tail end of the ship, E240), tasty and attractive foods at dinner and a chance to try out special meals with other emphasis (i.e., French), shows and games, the freedom to travel the ship and watch it dock. I had a medical problem and had to see the doctor (Dr. Milic?) and he and his nurses were wonderful.

Pros: The dining staff and room stewards: very personable, very helpful, lots of smiles. Ship's doctor and nurses were also very nice.

Cons: No travel to Colzumel; Calica was substitute. Realize it was not Carnival's fault since Cozumel still healing from hurricane damage.

Very clean, cards with diagrams showing decks and their contents made for easy finding of places we wanted to go.
Terrific: not big quantities so able to not over-eat. Our head waiter and his assistant had lots of smiles and jokes; we really felt pampered.
I never felt like I was a "bother"; staff always indicated that they were there to make sure I was taken care of.
Those programs that I went to were fun, led me to laugh and that was what I wanted to do: just enjoy and chill out.
Calica, Mexico
Did not enjoy the constant barrage of street vendors asking us to buy.
Don't Miss: Tulum Ruins are a great excursion even tho the trip takes a long time.
George Town, Grand Cayman
We walked along the Seven Mile Beach and took in some shops but not much else. Seeing the Beach was our intent and we enjoyed that.