Wonderful Cruise/Smoking Sections were a problem/Unsupervised basketball court

Carnival Horizon Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Horizon

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 01, 2018

Ship: Carnival Horizon

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 11241

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

*Please do not have any stretch, yoga, pilates classes, etc in the cramped fitness room. *Please have a designated smoking section for smokers so that those of us who do not smoke can enjoy the movie time on the deck as well. *Please DO NOT allow younger teenagers and older people to play soccer and basketball at the same time. Lots of bullying occurred as the those playing basketball were aggravated by the constant rolling of the soccer ball on their side. This is VERY DANGEROUS and is a law suit waiting to happen. A carnival staff person should be stationed at the basket ball court at all times while it is open with NO EXCEPTIONS!

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Fitness center, pilates and spa. I absolutely HATED waking at 7am to attend a sun-rise stretch/Fab Abs Class and not being able to enjoy the sunrise while doing so. It was held in a small, cramped room with excess bikes in the room. This IS NOT the ideal place to have pilates, yoga, stretching, etc. I paid extra to have a couple of complimentary classes and I would have wanted to be surrounded by the beautiful water or another part of the ship with more room. Perhaps this is why attendance was very low!!!!!! Please consider another location in the future. I hope that Carnival Panorama will have a different agenda for these classes.

There was one session of community Zumba, which everyone loved offered on the Lido deck. We were expecting there to be another Zumba class, where everyone could collectively enjoy it, but it was not offered, even with the last two days at sea.And while the Zumba was fun and exciting and as people walked by, they joined in, there was not enough room as we were expected to participate in a very active exercise activity with the lounge chairs still in tact, which was very tight. Others continually needed to be allowed through as they were coming or going inside the ship or outside. There was not a proper amount of room for Zumba, which everyone loved. Please consider more Zumba which is fun and engaging and move the chairs.

My son was bullied twice on the basketball court. There were older people playing basketball and younger teens playing soccer simultaneously, which was a recipe for injury. It is very important for Carnival to have a full time staff member on this station at all times to observe and supervise behavior. One of the reasons I chose Carnival each year is the peace of mind that I have for my child playing with other children while I relax in the spa or enjoy other parts of the ship. To observe children playing soccer while older people played basketball at the same time was nerve wrecking. Please do not allow this in the future or create a separate space for soccer while building future ships.

Our room attendant always used our name when greeting us. It made us feel special everyday.

I am a non-smoker and I looked forward to relaxing on the deck each evening for the nightly movies. No matter where I sat, there was a smoker with his or her ash tray on a table....There should be a designated smoking section for those smoke. It makes it very difficult for non-smokers to enjoy the cruise without the strong smell of smoke blowing in our faces. I am also asthmatic and the smell of smoke aggravates. It was very unfair for me to continually have to move from station to station to avoid the strong smell of smoke.

The room attendant was excellent!

Ship tip

All of the workers were so very friendly. Especially loved the guy who made me an egg white omelette each morning.

Disembarkation