Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Good, but not great

Sail Date: March 01, 2013

This was my fourth cruise\, second on Carnival\, first in the Eastern Caribbean. Grand Turk was cancelled before I boarded which was a disappointment. Bahamas and St. Thomas were disappointing. San Juan was great. On the plus side\, it was very easy to have an excursion at these ports without booking on the boat. All three ports I enjoyed beaches and tours at a fraction of the cost they would have charged on the boat.
Overall main entertainment was lackluster. There were few shows and the shows they did have were not really worth the time. On the other side I give high marks to the comedy acts (they were great) but the planning for them was poor. They should have been in the main auditorium rather than a smaller venue. I missed a few shows because the room was full. Basically you had to line up to get in. Music acts were great. I quite enjoyed Chris who played acoustic guitar. A few activities ended up being sales pitches for the spa or other things they were selling though it was not noted as such until halfway through it. Was very turned off by that.
The staff was really wonderful. My girlfriend has food allergies. Sylvia\, our head waitress was extremely attentive to her needs and was always there to help with a special order or ways to make the current selections work. She made this cruise a wonderful experience.
Our room steward\, Hary\, was great. He would redo the room often to the point I jokingly referred to him as the room ninja as I would leave the room for a short period and he would clean it. A few times I took mid day naps on sea days and after leaving the room for a bit the room was always cleaned.
One thing I really liked about this boat was it understood the idea of adults only and had sections and entertainment (comedy) accommodating 21+. Not having to deal with minions and having a sanctuary to escape them was really wonderful.

Pros: Puerto Rico\, comedy shows\, staff

Cons: sales pitches\, large shows

Recommends Carnival Glory? No.

Large shows were lackluster and boring.
Comedy shows were great