Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Third Mate

Good way to get away for a few days

Sail Date: July 12, 2012

Cruise to St John is a nice getaway. Don't expect a ton of excitement in St John. There are fun things to do and we enjoyed out time. The best things to see require you hitting the tides at the exact right times, and that's tough to do when you get 1 day there. If you are local to the port and can drive there, and you want to just get away for a few days, this is a nice way to do it.

Pros: Pool Layouts - mulitple pools with great atmosphere and nice huge TV for other scenery

Cons: Dining. Main dining room food was OK at best. Found best and tastiest choices at the buffet.

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!

ship layout was rather confusing. Not all of the decks let you walk from front to back\, you find yourself having to go up a deck to go front/back and back down again.

Pool area was great set-up\, especially with the big screen TV. Nice that there were multiple pools onboard.
Food was not impressive. I had traveled on competitor and thier food was much better. Carnival does give you the \"My time\" dining option\, but you are stuck in the same restaurant all the time. I liked competitor who had this all the time for all the dining rooms. Little variety on this cruise. By the last night\, we tried the buffet and it was the best menu option and the dessert choices were much better.
Staterooms were great. We did have a balcony room. Very clean\, and pleny of storage space. Other guests raved about the great pillows they have\, I didn't like them. I should have brought my own from home. If you are pillow picky\, and can bring yours\, i would do it.
Great staff all around\, very helpful and friendly. Entertainment staff was great\, keep you laughing and smiling.
Plenty of activities going on all the time and the shows were pretty good.