Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Enjoyable despite the weather

Sail Date: November 01, 2010

My wife and I enjoyed our cruise despite the weather. The weather caused 2 shows in the main lounge to be canceled due to danger for the dancers. However there were many other activities including several very funny comedians and an outstanding married couple singing in the main lobby. While the food was not great, it was still good and there were plenty of choices for all and the service was outstanding. Breakfast and lunch in the Red Sail Cafe often had long lines. The Ports of Call on the Eastern Caribbean sailing were great (except Nassau).

Pros: Great ports of call, nice cabin

Cons: the very boring cruise director

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!

Most of the food was rather pedestrian. However, the crabcakes were top notch. I liked the grill on the Lido deck while my wife liked the Sushi station and the Mongolian Grill. The pizza station was surprisingly better than I thought it would be.
I have given a lower rating only because 2 show were forced to be canceled due to weather. My only real complaint is that the timing of many activities seems to be more geared toward the early seating diners.
Refurbishment was well done. Some elevators did not go to all floors.
We had a window cabin and I thought it was quite comfy and bigger than I have had on other ships. The cabin staff were attentive.
The ship staff were very friendly and helpful. The only blemish to the staff was the very boring cruise director who is not as funny as he thinks.