Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Had a Very Relaxing and Enjoyable Trip

Sail Date: February 20, 2016

This was our third cruise and second on Carnival. It was a very relaxing and enjoyable trip and once again, feel like a balcony room is the best option for our kind of travel. My wife and I are in our late 50s and are not drinkers, and Carnival is a more party cruise than some of the others I have noticed. My wife and I can sit out on our balcony for most of the entire trip and be as happy as can be and not have to fight the crowds for the chairs on the Lido Deck or the loud noise and music. But again, we are more settled down with having a quiet and relaxing trip than most that cruise.

The ship was very nice and had plenty to do for most anyone if wanted. I thought the food was good, however, I feel like it was a better choice of food only two years ago than what is now available. The Guy's Hamburgers are still as wonderful as I remembered.

They did change how the ship loads in Galveston with time slots which I thought would be great, however we had a 11-11:30am time slot to check in and after checking in, we were required to wait until closer to 1pm to be allowed to board the ship by waiting in a large room with a large crowd. Last time, we checked in and was allowed to board when early if checked in, but they now make you wait, so early check in time, doesn't help you board sooner. Still, it went smoothly and wasn't a big problem.

I will be back again.

Cabin / Stateroom Loved our balcony room. Could hear the music from Lido Deck at night, but didn't present any issues. Location was great at mid ship and would recommend this stateroom.
A change in embarkation was slower to be allowed to get on ship from our cruise a year and half ago. Had to wait in a large room with hundreds of others trying to get on board instead of allowing to flow smoother as people got checked in. Once checked in, we went to the large room to wait until they called large groups where everyone jumped up at once to all board in large groups. Seemed to be less efficient, but guess, it kept people off ship until they were more ready then in past experience.
Food was good, but was better just two years ago with better choices.
Galveston, Texas
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Did the Mahogany Beach excursion with the chair lifts and was great, but the clamshell chairs fill up quick and all you see is other clamshells in front of you. Ended up finding some chairs without clamshells which are free to anyone and without the chair lift to beach, no charge to go to the same place.
Close shopping and close to most anything else. Great place to go.