HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 04, 2016
Ship: Carnival Freedom

This is the second cruise I have been on Carnival and I have to say that the service that Carnival offers is HORRIBLE!!!!! From calling customer service and getting wrong information to the service on the ship. You need to wake up and get it together.

Sixteen of us went on this cruise to celebrate two friends 40th birthdays and I have to say there were some in our group who this was the first cruise they had ever been on and after our experience, they will probably never go on another one!

I was trying to coordinate everyone and the customer service gave us wrong information saying that there would be no alcohol on the ship on the first day due to Texas law which was not true. They also could not help us with getting the same dinner time which was something important to us and my travel agent was saying that it showed the late seating wide open. So when we got on the ship, I had to go take time to coordinate that while my friends were enjoying the boat.

The drink package was ridiculous that you had to wait 5 minutes to order multiple drinks and that there was a 15 drink minimum. I have been on other cruises and there are no restrictions like that. You needed to be able to order more drinks due to the SLOW, did I mention SLOW service that we encountered at the bars.

The bars were understaffed and we had to continue to wait for sometimes up to 30 minutes for a drink which is completely unacceptable! There were people on the boat that were walking away to go see if they could get service at a different place. The servers were also rude and did not seem to be happy to be there. The night club was understaffed and the music was horrible. Someone broke into the DJ booth while we were there to try to change the music until the DJ showed up.

It is very disappointing because the first impression you left on our group was horrible. The only way I will go on another Carnival Cruise is if it is dirt cheap and it is something I would take my kids on so that I would not have to worry about service or the quality of the food. With the new Houston port open, you have nicer cruises that you will need to compete with and unfortunately unless you are just looking for a cheap ride, you will not be able to compete with Royal Caribbean, Princess or Norwegian.

Very disappointed.

The server was not happy when I sent my fish entrée back that was over cooked.

Magician was horrible! 80's music contest was good! Night club music was no current, no DJ. Amanda and John the singers were awesome!

NA

Not enough staff, it took up to 30 minutes to get a drink at times, not friendly either.

Our cabin was very clean and our staff took good care of us. The bed was lumpy.