Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

overall it was fantastic!!!

Sail Date: September 18, 2011

The ship was nice although a bit hard to find your way through the third and fourth floors. The decor was a little dark but nice.

Pros: I loved the ease of luggage express. I paid $20.00 for each checked bag put my luggage out the night before we got off the ship and didn't see my luggage again until I picked it up at the airport in Detroit. I also loved that most staff called us by name and took it upon themselves to get to know us

Cons: The first two days we had a few problems with promptness and rudeness from the lido deck bartenders and the rudeness of the buffet staff, mongolion staff and fish fry staff.

Recommends Carnival Freedom? Yes!

The ship was huge and was kept clean for the most part. I believe the bathrooms on the lido deck could have been kept a little cleaner.
The food was fantastic in all areas.
The decor could be better but the room was of fair size and it was kept very clean.
This is a little more difficult for me. The lido deck bartenders were very rude and we often had to wait for drinks at the bar. The waiters were fanatstic, they knew our names and what we were drinking. The buffet area (buffet, mongolion, and fish fry) staff again were very rude. When we made a complaint to customeer service they addressed the issues and followed up with us to let us know it was handled. The casino bar staff was fantastic and our waitstaff in the chic dining room went above and beyond.
George Town, Grand Cayman
We went on a snorkeling excursion and it was phenominal. I actually had to talk my husband into this and we ended up having the best time ever!
Don't Miss: snorkeling (stingray city, coral reef)
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
This was a horrible place! I felt very unsafe. When we got off the boat in port and I seen barb wired fencing I knew it wasn't going to be good. The locals approached us numerous times to purchase drugs, harassed us to purchase touristy items. We went to Dunns River Falls with a tour guide and although a fantastic experience the fear was still there. We were approached several times at the falls for drugs. my suggestion is to take the cool runnings catamaran got to the falls and drink rum punch on the catamaran for the remainder of the day. Definitely not a place to take children!!!!
Key West, Florida
clean area but definitely go in a block to do your shopping. It was much cheaper.