Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Vacation of a lifetime

Sail Date: April 19, 2009

From the moment we boarded, we felt like royalty. The room, in fact, the entire ship was spotless. The people were so friendly and nice. The food was fantastic. We loved everything about this cruise. It was our first one and we can't wait to plan a second. We have never felt so pampered in our lives. We have never been on a vacation that was as relaxing as a cruise. I can't say enough good about this experience. Even leaving the ship was great. Everything was so organized and well run. We loved this cruise!!

Pros: We liked everything about this cruise

Cons: having to say good bye

Recommends Carnival Freedom? Yes!

I found this ship spotless. The crew was constantly cleaning and picking up. I kind of felt sorry for them because they were constantly working while we were having such a wonderful time.
I am a member of Weight Watchers and was told at a meeting, before going on the cruise, "remember, it is not about the food". Well, yeah it is. I had the best food I have ever had in my life. This ship had the best chefs in the world.
This room was spectacular. We had a balcony room and I highly recommend them for everyone. We enjoyed sitting out there early in the morning having our coffee or juice and again in the evening just to unwind. The room was roomy and very clean. Lots of room for all our stuff and we took more things than we needed.
The people on the ship were very friendly and willing to do anything for you. I have never encountered so many friendly people all in one place. It was my honor to meet them and share time with them.
The entertainment on this ship was fantastic!! The comics were so funny I hurt from laughing so much. The shows were fabulous. The costomes, the music, singing, dancing were all top shelf.
George Town, Grand Cayman
We didn't do anything special. We went into town and walked around town. We did go into a Margariettaville and the DJ in there was fastastic and put on quite a show. We really enjoyed that.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
The island and foliage is absolutely beautiful. I was very uncomfortable with the people. They were constantly approaching us and asking if they could take us somewhere or braid our hair. They followed us around in the shops. That is something I am not used to. It made me very uncomfortable. We went to Margariettaville there also because the one in George Town gave us a bracelet for a free drink. Good drink but the DJ was not nearly as entertaining.
Key West, Florida
We didn't do anything special. We just walked into town and went into many of the shops.