Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

TOO MANY UNATTENDED KIDS

Sail Date: January 25, 2016

Cabin: E-128

Do school age children not attend school anymore?  I have never been on a cruise where there were so many loud and unattended kids.  Not that I am "anti-kid" ( I am a parent), but on previous cruises, the kids were at the "ship camp", I assume.  We seen them, but they were always involved in some type of onboard supervised activity by a Carnival staff member.  Our cabin was near the elevator (which we have stayed close to an elevator before) but there was running in the hall and screaming all hours of the night. Glad I took ear plugs.

This is an older ship, but it is still very nice.  It does, however, need a makeover in the near future: mainly just cosmetic stuff.

I had read reviews that the food was not good.  Everything we ate was very good and tasty.  But, do not drink the water.  Buy the onboard 12 pack of water for 3 bucks.

The staff was good as well.  If you have cruised with Carnival, it is obvious that there have been cutbacks as far as paying extra for certain items at dinner, lack or quality of entertainment, under staffing.

Did not make it to Half Moon Cay because of the swells. Was promised we would go to Freeport on our last sea day.  Didn't do that either because of sea swells ( not a tender port).  Got a free glass of wine at dinner on the last night to make up for it.  Wow-not!!!!

Would I do this cruise again......probably not!

Nassau was good. Leisure Travel Tours (excursion booked on board) was great!
Great food, excellent service by some
Jacksonville, Florida
easy port to navigate
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
DONT KNOW........WE DIDN'T GO!!!!!
WE VISITED NASSAU ON OUR LAST CRUISE AND LOVED IT. Beautiful beaches! Booked a trip on Leisure Travel Tours Limited.......AMAZING!!!!! Our guide, Tyrone Major is WONDERFUL!!!!!

If you like a bunch of screaming kids, by all means go.....if not, stay home or take ear plugs.