Least Favorite of All of My Cruises

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

4 Night Bahamas (Jacksonville Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 21, 2016
Ship: Carnival Fascination
Cabin Number: R60

I've been on many cruises over the past 10-12 years and LOVED them.  This one would fall the lowest in terms of overall satisfaction for several reasons.

Don't get me wrong, the ship was clean enough, the majority of the staff were nice and friendly, it just seemed that the dining services portion of the ship was disorganized and possibly understaffed.  We've been accustomed to the staff in the dining room being very friendly and engaging, well organized, etc.   Granted on a 4 night cruise we were put at 3 different tables, which was a FIRST for us!  It never allowed us to dine with those we were cruising with or to build relationships with new table mates.  We played musical tables instead.  I should've just passed on dinner rather than deal with the frustration of my daughter and friends sitting somewhere else in the dining room.  We had been planning this cruise for months as a Girl's Cruise and then we didn't ecpven get to have dinner together.  REALLY?!?

1) Our group of 5 were separated for dinner in the main dining room and was not handled in an appropriate manner.  I've never experienced this problem on any other cruise. When we tried to discuss with the Maitre' D, it felt as those he spent more time telling us what he couldn't do vs. what he could do to correct the situation.  He actually came across as argumentative to me.

2). The wait for coffee in the dining room was 10 minutes or longer at times and occasionally required reminders.  In most cases, coffee was spilled all over the table cloth in the process.  Staff just seemed overwhelmed and overextended.

3).  When ordering drinks most anywhere on the ship, the wait was up to 20 minutes in most cases.  I'm not faulting those providing the service. They can only work so fast.  They needed help.  We've never experienced this on a cruise before.

I won't be cruising on Carnival Fasination again.  Disappointed.

Unable to sit in main dining with our travel mates. First time this has EVER happened. Little was done to resolve issue. Maitre D could've handled in a more professional manner. Staff seemed overwhelmed and overextended.

I recommend you look into your dining process because on a scale of 1-10, I would rate it a 3 in comparison to all of the other cruises I've been on over the years for a variety of reasons most of which are listed above, being separated from my party was a HUGE problem, but there we many others.