Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Fascination ship

Sail Date: January 22, 2011

I love cruising and this ship was average. We had an issue when the buffett shut down while we were in line. "Showtime" at dinner was less than expected. Overall it was great as usual with the exception of the kids clubs (club o2 was unsatisfactory!!!!!Online it states round the clock fun but it rarely opened before noon and was often closed, even untill 5 on port days!!!! It was sad for my older teen to constantly say he was bored!!!!!)

Pros: Clean ship, helpful staff, many American staff

Cons: The kids clubs were not so great. They opened late daily, closed early and were small compared to other ships. Also you couldnt access your sign and sail card by tv like other ships

Recommends Carnival Fascination? No.

I was very dissatisfied with the club O2. Half the size of the other ships I have cruised on. Was open very limited hours. They ran out of supplies. My 17 year old was bored often. My younger child attended club c. It was small also, but had more kids sign up. Also we cruised with other kids his age so he had a pretty good experience. DO NOT BELEIVE IT IS OPEN ROUND THE CLOCK LIKE THE WEBSITE SAYS IT IS NOT!!!!!!!!
excellent, and more American staff than normal
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
I absolutely loved this port. The nature trails were enjoyable. We rented the snorkel gear for our 12 year old. He saw many fish as well as stingrays (or mantarays I dont know the difference). He also found anenamea and erchin. Look along the corals at the beginning of the beach (appears to be a childs area) Be sure to check out the island BBQ (free) We did the stingray excertion. Only $25 and very enjoyable. Its January so the water was cold, but the staff was excellent. Very attenative. the kids fed the stingrays, held starfish and sea cucumbers. Well worth the money even though us adults were too cold to stay in very long. Bring a camera!!!
Don't Miss: Island BBQ!!!!And the most beautiful beaches!!!
We did the semi submarine excersion. I would recommend it it was great