Carnival Fascination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

an excellent cruise for the value

Sail Date: July 11, 2009

We had a great time! Would recommend this cruise to families with kids 9 and up! Was hesitant to book because of Carnivals past reputation, but they did a great job!!! Never a dull moment and there was something for everyone to do. Plenty of food on the trip although it was mediocre at best. The kids didn't care so much about that, they had lots of fun! Loved the minature golf and ping pong tables. We were lucky to have great weather and really flat oceans the entire 5 day trip! The staff was experienced and friendly/helpful. We did some activities with kids and some without--there was something for all occasions. The cruise staff for photos was attentive to detail and easy to work with. Cabins were clean and neat. Although I know this was an older ship, couldn't tell at all! I was very pleasantly surprised at the refurbishment and how nicely it updated the ship. For the value, this was a fantastic get-away. Don't expect luxury liner style, but this was comfortable and VERY fun! The gym and spa were state of the art and the trainer was very helpful in giving my 13 year old son and I some instruction on weight mechanics and nutrition tips. The shore excursions were typical for the Bahamas area. I recommend the Atlantis aquapark WITH the meal vouchers since a burger, fries, and drink will cost you more than a dinner out for two. We also loved the stingray snorkel on the private island. The private island was our favorite day and the water was so perfect. GREAT cruise get-away and had fun! The house of mouse boat (been on it 4x)was great when the kids were younger, but this was much more fun for our 10 and 13 year old. The food was just 'o.k.' but I was glad I didn't have to cook for 5 days, clean up, or do the dishes!

Pros: The entertainment, plenty to do, never a dull moment, friendly, experienced, staff

Cons: pools were crowded at times.

Recommends Carnival Fascination? Yes!

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
We rented a kat and sailed all around the bay--had a great time!!
loved Atlantis Aqua-park!!!