Terrible and Disappointed

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Elation

5 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 23, 2019

Ship: Carnival Elation

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

I was excited to be on this cruise due to the fact that we had been on Carnival a couple times before. However, it being Christmas I just know that get would be a great experience for the entire family. We had a total of 35+ family gathering for Christmas. The first night was great, but as the days went on the experience went down hill. We was told that the Stabilizer Bar was broke before we sailed by a crew member and we notice it by the 2 night out. The 3rd, 4th, and last night everyone in our group was sick, dizzy, and vomiting. It was TERRIBLE. As we return to land we still have a few family members that are sick 4 days later. We tried to make the best of what we had to work with. We had our 2 year old grandson, and 10 month old granddaughter in our party. Neither less to say this was Not a Memorable Christmas for them. I we was going to get in the pool we was told by a crew life guard that the children could not get in the pool with swimmers on (diapers) I ask to speak with his supervisor and went to guest service to complain as well. Even though we paid full adult price for our 2 year old grandson he was not able to get in the pool. Every time as we pass the pool area which was quit often he would just be hysterical by not able to get in the pool. As the crew life guard changed, another woman with her small child wearing a diaper was able to get in the pool. I was livid. I didn't want to make a scene so I was just going to contact corporate when I returned home. That is exactly what I did. When I spoke to the rep I was told that she will seek with management and get back with me, and she did. I was told that it was nothing they could do about my grandchildren bad experience with the pool and the weather is what make the ship so rocky and not a Stabilizer Bar being broken. And that was that; so in other words Deal with IT! I have never been tried so badly and disrespect after paying several thousands of dollars to have a memorable family experience. Best Believe CARINAVL WILL NEVER EVER GET MY FAMILY MONEY AGAIN!!

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Our stateroom steward was awesome, cause he knew we was upset from the experience. I thank I Nengah for going above and beyond to please us.

Our cabin was G-21 wasnt listed above