Fantastic Time

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

4 Night Baja Mexico (San Diego Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 27, 2007
Ship: Carnival Elation
My husband and I have been on 2 other cruise lines and I found this (Carnival, Elation) to be my least favorite only in the food department. Everything else was very good. We truly enjoyed the cruise but I, more than my husband, was dissappointed with the food quality, choice quantity, and most of all the limited time in which the buffet was open . There were several hrs. of down time between breakfast, lunch and dinner and the only available food served during those down times were pizza and deli, unless there were other places serving better food that i was unaware of.
With that said, I would totally recommend this ship versus the others to the younger crowd (late teens to 30's) It was definitely rocking and rolling and full of life and younger people. Another thing we really appreciated about the ship were the rooms. Our window room was larger than the other ships.
So, if you want to just have fun and party, this ship is definitely the one. If food is of great importance, then I would not recommend this ship.
We choose to do the local "glass bottom tour", ($10.00 per person) and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Pros: Gambling at the casino

Cons: The food

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!