Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

This cruise exceeded my expectations!

Sail Date: September 13, 2007

This was my fifth cruise. Ive been on Princess, Celebrity and Norwegian Cruise Lines, and this is my first time cruising on Carnival. I had some preconceptions about Carnival that it was a non-stop party cruise line for twenty and thirty something year olds, that the food was so-so, and that there would be hundreds of screaming kids running throughout the ship. However, after cruising for four nights from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas and back, Ill say that my conceptions were wrong and that my experience on Carnival was overall an enjoyable one.

Pros: Intimate charm, eating dinner with other people I didn't know, lots of activities, desserts!

Cons: Buffet food was hit or miss, ship shows minor wear and tear

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
The ship offered a number of excursions but I decided to check out the town without an organized tour guide. Watch out for locals who bombard you with deals for tours, parasailing, boat rides, etc. We ended up making our way to Cabo Wabo, the infamous party bar and restaurant started up by Sammy Hagar. We went there for lunch. Although it was the middle of the day, the place was packed with people dancing on the dance floors and on stage, while buckets of corona were being carried to groups of young people. They also have bar food, which had excellent fish tacos and nachos. After Cabo Wabo, we did some souvenir shopping and eventually made it back to the ship. Carnival was very clear about encouraging guests to not purchase water taxis or tours from non-organized groups (i.e. independent locals). Apparently, there is a history of accidents happening with some of these boats.
Don't Miss: Don't miss checking out Cabo Wabo for some good food and fabulous waboritas (margaritas!).
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico