Our first cruise

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

4 Night Baja Mexico (San Diego Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 22, 2009
Ship: Carnival Elation
The staff was remarkable. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. The cabin stewards were thorough and fast. The only problem was the room was really dusty, like the kind of dust from lots of humans cohabitating in a small space. That was kind of gross. The bathroom and stateroom were pretty big, and the vanity was nice to have also. The food was marginal. The buffet was like a normal buffet that you would find anywhere, nothing really special about it. The restaurant food was good, and our waiter was above and beyond wonderful. He even brought us all an extra lobster tail on formal night!

The shopping and wine tasting was so fun! We loved the guide, and if you can ask for Enrique, he is a native Ensenadan and is very friendly and knowledgeable about the culture and history of Ensenada. The only thing that was difficult was seeing the poverty. Being a bleeding heart, I probably bought more chiclets then I could ever want to eat from the tiny kids who were selling them.
There is a candy and bakery shop that is to the left of the pier when you disembark that had the best pastries I've ever had. I wish I knew what it was called!

Pros: The activities

Cons: The cost of the alcohol.

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!