Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

even at 35 I feel like I was TOO old for this cruise

Sail Date: June 01, 2015

This being my first cruise I tried to be as cautious as I could when picking my room. Unfortunately I missed a few key tips and booked one too close to the action. The music from the promenade was bearable, having a room below the kids Circle C play room was not. This dedicated room for tweens was supposedly for watching movies and playing video games. Unfortunately the movable furniture and open space turned this club into a rumpus room with kids stacking furniture to do gloss over and tumbling early into the a.m. After snorkeling or swimming or site seeing all day try to sleep with the booming of falling furniture above you in a small room moving to the waves of the ocean. Trust me it was almost frightening at times. Even repeat calls to the front desk didn't help the shuffling above. The all to apologetic room attendant only exacerbated the issue by saying he couldn't hear anything from the door way he stood in. So I'd only recommend this cruise for someone who is going to party all night. If you are at all interested in enjoying the ports by the day and using the ship to sleep at night carnivals family friendly atmosphere isn't for you. Even the port experiences seem to be too short. Having to disembark by 9 make your shore excursions and be back aboard by 4 makes for an at times rushed experience. 4 nights seems like plenty of time but with more than a full day at sea your time in port is very limited. Food service was great alcohol was uber expensive and the number of shows dedicated to selling you stuff was overwhelming. Best advice pick your room wisely and attempt to pick a room with other state rooms on top and besides it.

Cruise Photos

still nice but showing its age
once you figure out how breakfast lunch and dinner works and where to go
always attentive very friendly
shows are good wish there were more
ship seem to have a lot of kids focused activities and spaces
mostly drinking and paying
Not enough time
Inside was fine. The amount of space was adequate for two people. The location was absolutely horrific. Getting use to a bathroom that gets completely soaked when you take a shower is difficult.
Miami, Florida
didn't get to see it
When to water park which is expensive and defeats the purpose
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
most beautiful island and water I've ever seen

Figure out where and what time your meals are served for some really good food. Plan your excursions so you don't feel rushed. Pick your room on above or below the action preferably floor six. Our one of the sites above the Lido deck