Get Travel Insurance & Arrive at least day before Departure

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 02, 2015
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy
Cabin Number: U11

My friends that made it on the cruise had a blast.  The ship was 1.5 hours late into Port in mexico so the pre-booked excursion that we booked not through Carnival didn't happen.  The people weren't there to pick them up, and I haven't heard back from them about recouping our $20 per person deposit.  It was some Jeep Tour thingy.

But me and a friend missed the cruise because our flight that was due to come in the morning of the departure got cancelled.  And there was no way to get down there in time by driving.  Even if I had travel insurance, I don't think I could have made it down there because no planes were flying that day.  Perhaps if we would have had, we knew the blizzard was coming, maybe they would have had us fly out aday or two in advance?  Who knows.  It's all hindsite.  I liked my travel agent Daniel, though.  So next time we book a cruise, we will arrive a day or two early to avoid something like this.  And don't fly Spirit.  THey were half of the problem, aside from the Blizzard.