Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Much better than expected

Sail Date: January 01, 2008

We were on the Carnival Ectasy - "The Fun Ship. This was a first-time cruise for us and didn't really know what to expect. I was concerned that I would be bored at some point; boredom never even came up - always something to do - activities galore or just sitting on a deck chair, reading a book and enjoying the beautiful scenery was wonderful. They even had a library so we could check out books. Loved the experience - am already planning when we can cruise again - next time for a longer period.

Pros: Being pampered by cruise staff

Cons: would like to have had more shopping facilities on ship

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

Ship size fine - the entire ship was very clean; my son (who is handicapped) didn't have a problem at all; there were ramps and elevators very easily accessible.
I was very impressed and thoroughly enjoyed the quality of food in the dining rooms. The chefs were impressive - the food was declicious and presented beautifully; they even had specialty foods for diabetics or those watching their weight or salt-intake; there were early and late seating arrangements, which was nice, and the staff would put on short entertaining reviews which was very enjoyable.
Very impressed with the stateroom. My son and I had twin beds - which were the most comfortable I've ever slept on (no exageration!); the room was cleaned periodically throughout the day; very comfortable and the air conditioning was first-rate; also the room was large enough for us to move around in; also there were night-lights for reading late.
I've never been more pampered by staff anywhere - they were the best - our room steward was superior - there wasn't any request we had that he didn't cater to immediately - our waiter in the dining room was fantastic - very professional and courteous, the entire staff of the "Esctasy" was attentive, patient, kind, but not intrusive - very well trained staff. Made our vacation so much more enjoyable.
The enterainment was impressive - professional "Vegas" style quality; loved it. the shows were super as were the commedians; activities on the boat were on-going; even though didn't particpate, very much enjoyed watching.
Loved Cozumel. So many wonderful shops to buys gifts, souvenirs, etc.; beautiful scenery (blue water, crystal clear skies, etc.)
Don't Miss: we loved Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville